Secure Now; Upgrade and Transform When Ready
- End of support for SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 is July 9, 2019
- End of support for Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 is January 14, 2020
Option 1: Migrate your workloads to Azure
Today you can…
- Migrate to Azure and modernize your applications when you’re ready
- Realize the potential for significant cost savings
As of the EOS date… you’ll be good to go!
- To get you started Microsoft has a funding program in place to plan your migration to the cloud.
- If you have unused Deployment Planning Services (DPS) days from your Enterprise Agreement with Microsoft, they can apply here.
- With your move to Azure, Microsoft is including three years of security updates, for FREE!
Option 2: Continue to run SQL and/or Windows 2008
Today you can wait…nothing will change.
As of the EOS date…
- Microsoft will be not be distributing security updates, leaving your infrastructure and applications vulnerable.
- You could incur additional expenses in order to protect your organization.
Incentives? Unfortunately, no