The Tallan Women in STEM Scholarship is back
for it's 3rd year, and finally
open to the entire state of Connecticut!
Did You Know?According to the National Girls Collaborative Project:
- "Women make up half of the total U.S. college-educated workforce, but only 28% of the science and engineering workforce."
- "Female scientists and engineers are concentrated in different occupations than are men, with relatively high shares of women in the social sciences (60%) and biological, agricultural, and environmental life sciences (48%) and relatively low shares in engineering (15%) and computer and mathematical sciences (26%)."
Applications are Due June 3rd, 2021!
- Talk with your computer science teacher to confirm your eligibility
- Download the Powerpoint Instruction Deck and come up with your idea
- Complete this application
- Send everything in via email to Samantha Buccheri by 5pm on 6/03/2021
- This year's scholarship presentations and award will be completed remotely via Microsoft Teams in an effort to ensure the safety of everyone involved. If you have any questions about the program, submission process, or anything else, reach out to Samantha at any time.
Photographed on the right are the winners and finalists
from the first (top photo) and second (bottom photo) year
the Tallan Scholarship was awarded.